Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Secret to Satisfaction

My friends... I believe I have unwittingly stumbled upon the key to being happy. The catch is, it involves moving to South Korea, becoming a gangster and of course ... not getting caught.

It seems that of 109 jailed South Korean gangsters questioned, nearly 80 percent said they were either somewhat or very satisfied with their life of crime. This compares to about 65 percent of police who enjoyed what they did, according to another survey. The results, no doubt, have much to do with the fact that gangsters in Seoul take home about 4 million won a month, roughly $4,255 US, through extortion, prostitution and gambling.

I love the fact that South Korean researchers took the time to ask the convicts whether they liked their work. I tend to think, however, that few of us, when jailed, would not look back wistfully on our life of work - not matter how droll it might have been. I think the Age-o-Matic is a much more realistic and intuitive measure of the affect our jobs have on us. Try it and see!

No comments: