Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Alien Invasion

I just discovered ants in my living room -- lots of them. I probably should stop eating all my meals on the sofa in front of the TV. Or at least I should start being a little neater as I eat all my meals on the sofa in front of the TV.

Even though I was not very happy to see them scurrying out from under my coffee table and chair, I did feel sort of bad as I crushed them under the sole of my sandal. As a sort of punishment, perhaps, I now have the feeling of little things crawling all over me...

What's the average lifespan of an ant? Couple of days? Couple of hours? It couldn't be years, could it?

Well, I'm back from a quick Google search armed with the information that worker ants live about 45-60 days. Oh, and they have about 250,000 brain cells, which is "the largest among all the insects."

No comments: