Tuesday, February 09, 2010

What Happens in Sana'a, Stays in Sana'a

I've been told that Sana'a, and all of Yemen really, is a common stomping ground for Saudis who want to go somewhere where they can drink, do drugs and pick up girls. How true this is, I don't know for sure, but it makes sense. I was told that after they kicked the troublemaker out of my old place they found whiskey and drugs in his apartment.

With the "Rowdy Saudi" incident firmly behind me, I am happy to say I'm now safely installed in a new apartment that is larger, better equipped and on a quieter street than the last place. I went to the nearest supermarket yesterday evening, which is a complete adrenaline rush as you have to dart across a busy divided street to get there... This town REALLY needs some pedestrian overpasses.

No comments: